Chocapic13 Shaders Mod 1.14.4/1.12.2 is a mod that dramatically improves the graphics of Minecraft. As its name suggests, its main function is to add dynamic shadows (shaders in English), a pleasing effect of wind on the leaves, real sunshine and better water modeled before. Shaders have several different versions, all more or less resource-intensive.
Chocapic13 Shaders Mod 1.14.4:
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping (add relief to blocks + reflections).
- Bumpmap (less performance expensive method to add relief + reflections).
- Classic (no relief and standard graphic amelioration).
- Amazing nights!
- Real-time shadows, lens effects, volumetric lighting, and reflections!
- Surfaces become wet and reflective when raining!
Old Lighting: OFF or DEFAULT!
Clear water: Off for Lite/Low/Medium, On for High/Ultra/Extreme
Smooth Lighting Level: 55-75% for Lite/Low/Medium/High, 0-20% for Ultra/Extreme
Clouds: Default or OFF
About performance and sytem requirements:–
This mod is very demanding and if you can’t run default minecraft correctly, don’t try to install this mod.
In my case with a GTX 670 i get around 50-60 fps with the extreme version, 75-80 with ultra,90-95 with high, 100-110 with medium and above 150 with low (cpu limited here) with a 16 chunks render distance. This can change a lot depending on the situation.
Into the shaderpack folders there are .fsh and .vsh files. You can open them with any text editor, and there are different constant that you can change by yourself.
You can increase the render resolution into the shaderpack settings. x1.42… correspond to SSAA x2, x2.0 to SSAA x4. However it kills the framerate.
Shadow render resolution can be increased too here.
- Minecraft Forge
- Optifine HD
- GLSL Shaders Mod
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge, Optifine HD, and GLSL Shaders Mod.
- Locate the Minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the Start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.zip file) into the .minecraft/shaderpacks/ folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.