Mod adds to the game several types of backpacks, in addition, using dyes can be used to create colored backpacks. Backpacks Mod 1.12.2/1.10.2 adds craftable backpacks into the game that really improve inventory management. Backbacks can either be stored in your inventory or worn by placing one in the chest armor slot.
The backpack mod adds 16 backpacks to Minecraft in all different colors, the backpacks are used as portable inventory chests. Cary inventory inside the backpacks without having to go to chests.
You craft a backpack like a chest but with leather instead of wood. For a big backpack use tanned leather instead of normal leather.
- Backpacks have 27 slots (chest size)
- Big backpacks have 54 slots (double chest size)
You can also craft a colored backpack if you put any dye in the middle.
Ender backpack (was Magic backpack before):
Last but not least you can craft an ender backpack (like the magic backpack before) which is a portable ender chest that shares its content with the ender chest. You craft it with an ender chest:
You can recolor backpacks by using a dye or the corresponding leather.
You can upgrade any backpack, except the ender backpack, to a big backpack by putting tanned leather around it.
You can make bound leather with two leather in the middle outer slots and strings in all other slots:
You can burn bound leather in a furnace to get tanned leather. One coal is enough for 8 tanned leather.
How to use it?
- Simple hold a backpack in your hand and right-click to open it.
- You can put any backpack in your personal backpack slot. Per default press sneak and B to open the GUI.
- A backpack equipped in your personal slot can be opened by pressing the ‘B’ key. You can change the key in your controls.
- If you want to rename it sneak and right-click. You can enter a new name then.
Requires: Minecraft Forge
How to install?
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the Minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.